Thursday 13 September 2012

THE HILLSBOROUGH DISASTER ACROSTIC


Hillsborough disaster
Injured people everywhere you look
Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest at Sheffield
Lives lived no longer
Sadness through the 2 cities
Bodies lying lifeless and motionless
Over and over again, fans try to rescue each other
Ridiculous amount of lives lost
Oh so devastating
Unconscious and no sign of help
Grumpy old police blaming fans
Huge amount of pain



 Dear fans,

My birthday has been great and I am now officially 9 years old.
I hope you enjoyed my latest poem.
Daddy was at the disaster but didn't get squished.
It is my 30th poem and that means 70 more to go until Mummy will speak to a publisher.
Do you think I can do it by the end of the year?
Comment Yes, No or Maybe to submit your answer!
I'm grateful for all your support,

::::::~ERIN~::::::

10 comments:

  1. Erin,this beautiful poem made me cry with utter sadness...However,the thought of reading more of your poems makes me feel happy again.Thank you so much for sharing them with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, beautiful......such talent from a wonderful 9 year old. Keep going, you can write 100!! Great to see that, like my 9 year old Daughter, you UNDERSTAND the injustice of Hillsborough. YNWA

    ReplyDelete
  3. auntie stephanie!!14 September 2012 at 16:59

    Love you erin ynwa!! Jft96

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUST BEEN READING SOME OF YOUR FABULOUS POEMS.THEY CAPTURE SO MANY EMOTIONS AND YOU HAVE ENORMOUS TALENT ERIN, SO KEEP ON WRITING MORE. GLAD I MET TOUR MUM TODAY SO THAT SHE COULD TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BLOG. LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE IN THE FUTURE,BEST WISHES DEBBIE (MUM'S FRIEND)X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poems are excellent Erin. Well done. This poem is very special because it captures the pain and injustice so well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, your poem evokes a true sense of sadness and regret for what happened on that terribly sad day at Hillsborough. Keep on writing and sharing your gift! I am sure your Dad is very proud of you for writing about a subject close to his heart. Justice For The 96

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everybody!

    If you're going to be listening to Radio Merseyside on Monday morning then you might hear Tony Snell mention my poem! Daddy (The one who didn't get squished) is going to remind him later and tomorrow you might hear! Keep your ears peeled and see if he mentions all of you!

    Thanks for all your support and thanks to Auntie Stephanie for making my birthday cake,

    ::::::::~ :>) ERIN :>) ~:::::::::


    P.S. In the dotty pattern with my name on it looks better with people with massive noses on it, don't you think? :>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your poem is both poignant and apt, and i am very proud of you

    love Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We we learning about the word Poignant yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Erin this really helped me because my class is learning about Hillsborough! :)

    ReplyDelete